15 April 2015

LETTER to SADNESS (upon HER DEATH)

RIP SADNESS

Dear SADNESS,

I came to know about your painful death a day ago. It is a different thing, though, that I would not have allowed you to enter my door. You had tried your level best to demolish my sense of self and engulf me in your arms. You did this by trying to trace the footsteps of your father, FAILURE, who entered my home as a guest just two days back.

I believe it is my duty to inform you posthumously that you had lost your way when you tried to enter my door. You fell into the moat created by my strong conviction and by the moral support my well-wishers have rendered to me. You were unaware that your father has been a very dear friend of mine; I learn more from him than from anyone else.

I consider it my duty to inform you posthumously that I got to hear some of the most encouraging statements from my well-wishers after your father entered my home as a guest. They have told me that irrespective of the position I hold in life, irrespective of my professional standing, they will always have faith in me. Even if I am not able to maintain regular communication links with them owing to the exigencies of the pursuit of my current endeavour, they believe in what I do and stand by me.

I know it is my duty to inform you posthumously that I have bettered as a human being, as the years passed by, while pursuing my goal of self-actualization. Your father hasn't killed me; he has made me stronger. He has made my value known to a large number of people in life; many of the seemingly successful people cannot claim to have amassed such an enormous human capital during all this while. I have truly witnessed my Idea of India, given that people from all corners of India (and some even residing overseas), people used to working in diverse work environments, and people belonging to diverse social and economic backgrounds, have expressed solidarity with me. I wish to tell you—your father has felt proud that he visited my home. I also know that I can rightfully claim to have achieved a level of personal development many others can only dream to achieve. Even though my efforts may not seem to have achieved the desired outcome yet, they have prepared an intense groundwork of roots (in just the same way as the roots of bamboo) for me to stand upon; they have strengthened my foundation.

While I wish (keeping in my mind the norms of common courteous conduct) that your soul may rest in peace, I unabashedly tell you that your presence will not be tolerated by me. Your soul may not resuscitate itself because my well-wishers believe in me and I believe in myself. My suggestion to you is to not disguise yourself and to not re-enter my home upon your re-birth, as the shock of another defeat may not be bearable for you.

Yours never,
Vitthal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being a "Yes Man" versus Being [Hu]man[e]

  Being a "Yes Man" versus Being [Hu]man[e] 27 June marks the Death Anniversary of Field Marshal (FM) Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshed...